IF you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know I tan every week. I’m a huge lover of fake tan and I’ve tried just about every brand through the years. Wearing tan and promoting particular tans on my blog has led to a lot of followers asking for tips on how to perfect their tan. My main piece of advice when it comes to first time tanners is to be patient. Everyone’s skin reacts differently to tans due to your complexion and texture. It might take a while to find your favourite tan brand, but when you know, you know!
- Scrub – use your favourite body scrub or a loofah brush to ensure any old tan and dead skin is removed: this will prevent patchy tan!
- Shave or wax at least 24 hours before tanning. If you put tan on the same day as shaving, you’ll find the tan looks like dots on your legs…and we don’t want that!
- Ensure you only moisturise your elbows, knees, ankles and hands. Moisturising your whole body before tanning can cause the tan to turn streaky.
- I always tan at night, I honestly don’t know how some of my friends can put tan on an hour before going out and smelling like curry and biscuits! Tanning at night allows the guide colour to darken. Shower the next morning and voila; you’re a tanned goddess!
- To prolong the tan life, moisturise after every shower to guarantee your skin will maintain hydration.
Current Favourite Tan Brands
Remember to follow me on –